Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) intends to have a set of Framework Agreements (FA) for Bunker Supply on call-off basis to cover the LNG tankers chartered by NLNG, which shall be valid for a period of 3 years with option of two successive one-year extensions at the sole discretion of NLNG.
The LNG tankers undertake voyages to various countries around the world, bunkering at different approved bunkering locations along their voyage routes in various regions including Europe, Asia, the Middle East, South Africa, West Africa, etc.
NLNG hereby invites prospective players in the vessel bunkering industry to express their interest to participate in the tendering for this service.
SCOPE OF WORK
Supply of Very Low Sulphur Fuel Oil (VLSFO), Low Sulphur Diesel Oil (LSDO) and any other required marine fuel to the fleet which currently comprises twenty-three (23) chartered vessels, as well as any other LNG or LPG tankers that may be chartered by NLNG, at various approved bunkering locations worldwide.
COMMENCEMENT AND DURATION
The expected date of commencement of the Framework Agreement is Q4 2021 / Q1 2022 and the duration will be three (3) years with an option to extend for one (1) + one (1) year at the sole discretion of NLNG.
Interested suppliers are requested to submit the following:
- a) Certificate of corporate registration
- b) Audited financial statements for the last 3 years
- c) Marine insurance (with Protection and Indemnity extension) to cover hull and machinery for any loss or damage suffered by the vessel, including war and like risks.
- d) Vessel Form B including evidence of barge ownership OR access to barge owners with supporting documents. Nominated barges:
- shall have SIRE (Ship Inspection Report) within the last 12 months,
- must be less than 25years old
iii. should possess a double hull construction,
- are to be fitted with inflated Cylindrical-Marine-Fenders as a minimum.
- if more than 15years old, must have a minimum CAP survey rating of 2
- e) Evidence of ownership and/or operation of more than 15 vessels by the bidders or its affiliate/parent companies (if supplier is a bulk purchaser)
- f) Nigerian Content requirements – see below
The Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010 (“NOGICD Act”) details expected Nigerian content deliverables within contracts in the Nigerian oil and gas industry as listed below. NLNG is committed to the development of the Nigerian Oil and Gas industry and maintains compliance with the NOGICD Act. All organizations which intend to do business with NLNG are required to comply fully with the provisions of the NOGICD Act in relation to Nigerian Content Development.
Interested companies shall therefore comply with the provisions of the NOGICD Act that relate to this service and in particular comply with the minimum Nigerian Content percentage (%) for the scope which are covered in the NOGICD Act.
Failure to comply with the NOGICD Act or demonstrate commitment to Nigerian Content Development Policy of the Nigerian Government shall result in disqualification from bidding for this contract.
As part of their submissions, companies signifying interest by responding to this Advertisement shall submit:
- a) EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING PLAN (ETP)
An employment and training plan (ETP) which shall explain how first considerations shall be given to employment and training of Nigerians in work programme of the contract.
- b) COMPANY REGISTRATION
All Companies: Documentation to demonstrate that entity is a Nigerian company. Submit certified true copies of the CAC forms 10, 02 and 07 (or its equivalent; CAC 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, etc) including company memorandum and article of association and other evidence of entity’s incorporation, shareholding and ownership structure in Nigeria.
Nigerian Company in partnership with foreign company(ies) the binding agreement of the alliance duly signed by the CEO of both parties and stating the specific work scope to be performed by each member of the alliance.
- c) TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER PLAN
Nigerian Company with no foreign partner(s)
Nigerian Company in partnership with foreign company(ies)
Evidence of transfer of skills, knowledge and capacity building from foreign companies to Nigerian partners on global bunkering activities.
- d) IN-COUNTRY ASSETS
A detailed description of the location of in-country committed facilities and infrastructure (assets, equipment, technical office and administrative space, storage, workshop, repair and maintenance etc.) in Nigeria, to support the contract; evidence that 50% of all equipment deployed to work by multinational and international companies are owned by local subsidiaries.
- e) ORGANISATION STRUCTURE
Details of the company’s corporate organizations overall human resources structure (management, supervisors, senior and junior skilled workers, etc) identifying positions manned/occupied by Nigerian nationals with evidence of type of employment in-country and identifying the positions manned/ occupied by other nationals.
- f) JOINT QUALIFICATION SYSTEM (JQS) REGISTRATION
Evidence of registration in the NOGICD JQS.
SUBMISSION OF RESPONSES
Submission in response to the above requirements shall be completed strictly in accordance with the instructions in the publication, segregated, and arranged in the order indicated.
Failure to submit any of the requested documents may result in disqualification of the application.
The Expression of Interest should be submitted:
In electronic copy in PDF by email to email@example.com with “Confidential-Expression of Interest for Supply of Bunker Fuels to Vessels Chartered by NLNG (Package 1)” in the subject line.
The submission must be received by Nigeria LNG Limited not later than SIX (6) weeks from Monday, December 6, 2021.
- This is not an invitation to tender. The full tendering procedure will be provided to applicants that are successful in the pre-qualification exercise which will be carried out in accordance with NLNG’s relevant procedures.
- Notwithstanding the submission of an Expression of Interest, NLNG is neither committed nor obliged to include any company and/or its associated companies, agents or sub-contractors on any bid list or award any form of contract to any company and/or its associated companies, agents or sub-contractors.
- This advertisement for Expression of Interest shall not be construed as a commitment by NLNG, nor shall it entitle any person to claim any indemnity from NLNG or its affiliates by virtue of having responded to this advertisement.
- This Expression of Interest is a simple invitation for relevant vendors to express interest in providing the indicated services and does not warrant any further feedback from NLNG hereafter.
- Subsequent communication on the subject will be to only those companies whose submissions meet the minimum requirements outlined in this EOI.